Does your space need some life zapped into it? Perhaps, your interior dozed off some time ago. Spend an afternoon watching the many home shows on TV, and you’ll really think it’s gone to sleep! Not to blast those shows, in fact, they’re popular because people like you want new interior design. Wake up your space with these simple, quick fixes. Make a change, today!
1. Sometimes, simply breathing fresh life into existing furnishings enlivens the room. Try this, for example: Use something like Scott’s Liquid Gold to clean and polish all the woodwork and wood furniture. Don’t forget the picture frames! This takes an hour at most, and already the room looks awake. It may inspire you to think of other possibilities for the room, such as…
2. Try some different pictures. Take a couple of existing frames, and remove tired pictures you’ve been staring at for a decade. Now comes the fun part. Take some old projects, paintings, drawings, what have you, and cut something to fit each frame. Make a collage out of several things, or make something from scratch. If it’s a small frame, you can get away with cutting out a cool picture from a magazine. Don’t be a perfectionist here; just go for something different and unexpected! Artwork (good) is supposed to be uniquely yours.
3. Been dreaming of a fresh paint color for your walls? If you’re sure it complements the rest of the color scheme, why not paint just one wall, even the smallest wall? You’ll get to experience it, and you may leave it be or do the rest, later.
4. Plants. When hasn’t a new plant added life to a room? Shop for a plant and a beautiful pot.
5. Lighting is the easiest way to change the feeling of an entire room. A torchiere floor lamp illuminates the whole room with soft, indirect light.
6. Rearrange. Using a 1′=1″ scale, draw your room on paper and make paper cutouts of the bigger furniture. Find a fresh, back-saving arrangement easily this way. Guaranteed, you’ll discover arrangements you wouldn’t normally.
7. Treat yourself to an objet d’art. Get artwork for simply for the purposes of decoration, starting conversations, and reflecting you. Vit bien! Live well.
Aesthete Designs is an interior design firm providing interior design and interior decoration services to residential and light commercial clients in the Indianapolis metro area, including the following communities:
Zionsville, Stonegate, Lebanon, Carmel, Westfield, Geist, Fishers, Brownsburg, Pittsboro, Avon, Danville, Plainfield, Greenwood, Eagle Creek and surrounding areas.
I can't tell you how glad we are that we used Aesthete Designs! We've used them on two separate homes and I plan on using them on a third. They pick amazing color combinations that I would never have considered. No more wimpy beige walls for us! They've helped us with everything from space planning and furniture placement to selecting new cabinet hardware. Trust me when I say they saved me time and money and honestly, I'd probably still be at the store looking at paint samples, completely unable to make a commitment. — Jessica G., Avon, IN